A mid-size Indian Insurance Company
The organization has plans to grow manifold leveraging its brand name and human capital. With the Insurance Industry as a whole going through a slowdown coupled with ambitious plans to grow in this market leveraging their ‘people’ capabilities, the organization saw a need to invest in their people, so as to groom them and to ensure they feel valued & stay with the organization.
The organization wanted the employees to be ‘self-aware’ and to ‘develop’ with organization programmes/ initiatives and internal ‘mentors’ as enablers. For this they wanted to conduct Development Assessment Centres followed by Individual Development Plans for a population of over 300 employees spread across the country.
To accommodate the scale of participants with ease and to provide flexibility to the participants, PB proposed an Online Assessment for the participants.
PB tool an approach where it:
- Fine-tuned the existing competency framework of the organization to make it relevant to client’s current context.
- Designed industry specific/neutral tools/exercises specifically to capture desired behaviours across each of the competencies. The tools/exercises were in the form of simulations which were hosted on PB’s IT platform.
- Customized tools designs for the 2 levels – JM/MM to assess the participants for the next level/band.
- Assigned a PB project coordinator to manage and schedule the entire program with the client’s Talent Management representative.
- Selected a group of candidates to be a part of the ‘high potential’ pool post the assessment process.
- Conducted a telephonic feedback session between the selected candidates and the PB Assessor. The assessors helped them design their IDP with the learning material/resources and specific projects were assigned with timelines.
- Discussed and vetted the IDP later with the respective supervisors for further action.
PB helped the organization identify ‘High Potentials' in their organization and the competency 'picture' /focus areas for the organization as a whole to and helped provide an Overall, 'Organization Talent Inventory/Insights'.